Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Six Inches By Morning

The predictions have been changing all day (so what's new?) but as I am headed off to bed, the prediction was that by the morning there would be six inches of snow on the ground. Add that to the four that are still there and the two days of snow predicted to follow, and it does not appear that I will be going to the family homestead for Christmas.

That is too bad, but this is Minnesota and it is winter. What did I expect?

Saga is going to hate life when she has to go outside tomorrow – we have record-breaking snowfall for Christmas Eve predicted; bitter cold temperatures, and more snow predicted for the rest of the holiday weekend. But on the bright side, it does not sound like the weather back in Denver is any better!

At least I am here with my folks; we are all safe and sound in the warmth of the home. The Christmas tree is lit and festive, and we have all the provisions we need to make it through a cold and snowy weekend.

Wherever you are this evening, I hope you are warm and safely with the ones you love!

Don Bergquist – December 23, 2009 – Kensington. Minnesota, USA

No comments: