Thursday, October 29, 2009

Snow Storm - Day Two

Some time around eight this morning it will have been snowing for thirty-six hours uninterrupted. The snow started falling before I went to bed on Tuesday and as of five this morning when Saga and I went out to walk in her park, it was still falling at a pretty good clip.

The snow was knee deep where it hadn't been shoveled or plowed yet. Which means that Saga didn't so much walk as plow her way through the snow to go out for our walk this morning. There were about 18" inches of snow when I measured this morning, but as she is only about 18" at the withers, she was nothing more than a white-fur-covered barge floating on a sea of snow as she made her way to her favorite sniff-spots.

Needless to say it was a short walk this morning. She practically dragged me back to the house, satisfied that she had had enough time outside for the morning, she turned and bolted for the warmth and comfort of her favorite corner of the living room.

Yeah! She gets to snuggle up, cozy in her duvet in her little cave below the end-table by the front window; I have to head up to the office and start the computer and get testing software. I really am not sure where this expression "it's a dog's life" comes from. Saga's living the Life of Reilly.

Ah well, time to post this and get upstairs and start the computer. (Such a touch commute I have today! Poor me!) I should probably grab a cuppa before I head upstairs.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're living the Life of Reilly.

Don Bergquist - October 29, 2009 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: