Thursday, October 01, 2009

Practice for Minnesota

Okay, perhaps the strategy of delaying my shopping was not the best idea I have had.

I do have plenty of fruit in the fridge; I am concerned that I may not get through it all. I may be taking it to Minnesota to eat in the car as a snack while I drive. And I have plenty of my homemade muesli. I did have to pop into the supermarket for some yogurt, but other than that, I am subsisting off what is here at the house.

Which explains the title of today’s post. Making do, is making me explore the cabinets more thoroughly for something to make a meal out of. Apparently Campbell’s has found a way into my cabinet.

I do not remember buying it, but I have cream of mushroom, cream of celery and cream of potato in my cabinet. I used to tell the story (way back in the day when I did stand-up comedy to pay my bar bill) about how the best thing to have ever happened to Minnesota cuisine was when Campbell's started coming out in flavors other than mushroom. Yum! Yum! Sounds like a hot dish for supper tonight.

Wherever you are today, I hope that your culinary experience is an adventure!

Don Bergquist – October 01, 2009 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: