Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Snow Starts

According to the weather reports this is going to be the first "major" snowstorm of the season.

They have been talking about it since last weekend. The snow is going to be a two-day event and the roads are going to be exceedingly dangerous. I can believe it! When Saga and I went out to her park this morning at five there was already a couple inches of snow on the ground.

The snow had actually already started to fall when Saga and I were taking our evening constitutional. It wasn't much. Rain-snow mix mostly, but there were big, ugly, sloppy, wet flakes mixed into the drizzle last night. It is surprising the roads aren't icier than they are!

It is too dark to tell what it is going to be like today, but if last night and this morning are any indication, it is going to be a brutal storm. Good thing I can telecommute! The weatherperson on the station I am listening to says that the morning rush is going to be okay, just slow. I think I will get out my computer, set-up and work from home where I am safe, warm, and dry.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're safe, warm, and dry.

Don Bergquist - October 28, 2009 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: