Friday, October 09, 2009

Autumn Walk

What a lovely morning for a walk!

Dad and Flo and I had a great time walking down between the lakes and through the woods. Saga came along to explore; it was the first time this vacation that it was not raining.

Oh! What colors!

The woods on either side of the lake are the turning color, the skies were still overcast, but we expect that to continue all week. Oh, well!

Yesterday evening the last of my siblings arrived. My elder brother and his wife came in and the serious card playing began! A round-robin game of whist between my brothers, father, and I lasted late into the night; we played cards, caught-up on news, and swapped old stories.

Today we're headed up to my uncle's farm; the family homestead in Parkers Prairie. This afternoon we are going to be digging horseradish, tomorrow there is a big gathering to make horseradish and drink schnapps. It is always a great time!

Well, it's time for me to help dad get breakfast ready. There are a lot of people to feed. We're making a big mess of hunter's eggs, sausages, and toast.

Wherever you are today, I hope that your day is starting out well!

Don Bergquist - October 09, 2009 - Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: