Thursday, October 08, 2009

Point of Fact

My sister made a good point last night during a discussion. We were talking about some arcane point on how the ear works. In the middle of it, my sister grabbed her laptop and looked-up the point and the issue was settled.

What a boon for accuracy and what a damper for discussion! We will have to switch to philosophy or really arcane topics that are not easily verified by looking them up if we want to have long and involved discussions in the future. We never used to be able to do this. Mainly because the encyclopedia was not an easy source to query while we were having the discussion.

But even with the addition of the internet, our discussion last night was just like a night out of the past! We sat here talking way into the night. It was cool.

Today I am headed off with the siblings that are here and doing some things around the county that I wanted to do while I was here. Tomorrow, we're off to dig for horseradish roots. Yum!!!

Wherever you are today, I hope you're with the ones you love doing the things you enjoy!

Don Bergquist - October 08, 2009 - Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: