Monday, May 17, 2010

What A Great Weekend!

What that a gorgeous weekend or what!?

Saturday was a bit manic for me, of course, it started as they usually do with the 06:00 Weight Watcher's Meeting in Lakewood. But then it was off to the auto repair shop to get my car serviced and ready for my sabbatical. (Two weeks and counting!)

While they were working on that, I had them drop me at home so I could take Saga out for a nice long walk out in her park. She and I had a lovely walk. It was then time for her to get on with her most serious responsibility this time of year: snoozing in the sun on our deck. She protects the homestead like my father watches television; eyes closed and snoring, but aware of any change to the natural order of things. Any change in the surroundings rouses the attention, barking.

In dad's case it is something like this: "Hey! I was watching that!" For Saga it is even more entertaining. She jumps to her feet, gets all tense, stands on the bench with her forepaws on the fence, and then barks until the offending scoundrel (whether it be an actual intruder, a squirrel, or a blossom that has blown off the crab-apple tree) has been duly put in their place.

While all this serious protection of the home-front was going on, I was busying myself with my normal Saturday morning chores, and with getting ready for Game Night. There were salads to make, the grill to prepare for the cookout, and wine to be selected.

After my car was restored to me, there were errands to run, places to be, things to do... by the time the last of the dishes were in the dishwasher, the game night completed, I fell into bed and slept almost immediately.

Sunday was, justifiably, a day for drifting into Slug mode. The weather could not have been better! I took a book and my reclining camp chair to the shade of a tree in the park and read for a while. Saga and I took a couple short walks, and not much else happened.

This morning has dawned bright and clear and there is a lot to do so I had best get this posted and head into the office.

Wherever you are today, I hope you have had a lovely weekend!

Don Bergquist - May 17, 2010 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: