Friday, May 28, 2010

The Sabbatical Begins

As I believe I may have mentioned once or twice before here on my blog, the plans I make for my personal and social life never seem to be as effective or efficient as those I make professionally. (To quote the late, great George Carlin: "There's such balance in nature!")

I am pleased (is "pleased" the right word?) to announce that my score in this respect remains more-or-less perfect. The plan (all outlined in great detail in my Outlook To-Do list) was to complete all the packing and cleaning for the trip by Thursday afternoon and have the car all ready to head out as soon as I left work on Friday.

Well, I almost made it. I was packed and most of the things that were on my list to be done before departure were done. But there was that deceptively simple line on the list "final clean-up" to be done before I left. To tell the truth, I was bushed by the time I completed everything else so I decided to leave this one ‘til this morning.

Of course, this morning became this afternoon and to make a long story short, I am now writing this blog entry instead of finishing the list. But I will be finishing that task or when I return from my trip I will be met by something that needs to be cleaned-up then. I guestimate it will take about an hour. That leaves me an hour for a nap and I should then be on the road by three.

Wherever you are today, I hope that your plans are going well!

Don Bergquist – May 28, 2010 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: