Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day Two On The Road

It was another lovely day for driving!

Saga and I took a walk around her newly acquired part of South Dakota, and then bundled ourselves into the car and headed east. The sun was up and the the day had dawned clear and bright. Too bad for all the wind! Grrr!

My poor little car just shook with the force of each gust as I came from behind obstructions like overpasses or the semis that I passed. Around lunchtime, when I turned north at Sioux Falls, at least the wind was mostly from behind me and I was able to drive without constantly gripping my wheel for dear life!

As I made it into Minnesota, I saw that there is a new cash crop for Minnesota: WIND!

Last evening, it was chicken at Chet's and then a few rounds of cards with the family. I then collapsed into my bed and slept like the dead! Today, we have a family gathering and at least it is not windy. It's not even hot. In fact only my sister, who still lives in South Florida, thinks the weather is bad... so, it's is a bit chilly! Oh well!

Wherever you are today, I hope you're having a lovely day!

Don Bergquist - May 30, 2010 - Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: