Friday, May 28, 2010

Stopping For The Night

Other than the wind, it has been a great day on the road!

I rolled out of Lakewood around 15:15 this afternoon, and was rolling east on the interstate about twenty minutes later. The roads were good, traffic not too bad, and as I said, other than the fact that there was a heck of a lot of wind for most of the day, it was a really good day for driving.

A few hours ago, the moon rose, just a day after full, over the rolling hills of western Nebraska. It was a lovely site to see. Unfortunately, my long lenses are in the trunk pretty well buried under too much stuff to have stopped by a dark roadside to dig them out. Ah well.

I rolled into Murdo, South Dakota around 23:00 local time and have taken a room at the little motel that I like staying at here. It is a good half-way point along the drive and Saga is welcome here. We walked around a bit in the dark fields around the hotel, the golden glow of the full moon lighting our walk, and then I took a quick dip in the pool.

I’m now going to get this entry posted and get some sleep. GPS tells me I have just over 400 miles to cover tomorrow and my family wants to eat at Chet’s on Lake Miltona tomorrow night. So I have to get moving early.

It is a lovely night out, though, so I think Saga and I will take one more walk before bedtime.

Wherever you are today, I hope your roads have been clear and trouble free!

Don Bergquist – May 28, 2010 – Murdo, South Dakota, USA

No comments: