Sunday, January 04, 2009

Yule Blog - A Good Day To Read

It is a good day to spend inside reading.

The snow started yesterday afternoon and was still falling when Saga and I went out for our walk this morning. Luckily, it is a light and fluffy snow, not a sloppy wet one. I was able to easily sweep it off the walk and the deck even though it was a few inches deep.

I have to finish the book I am reading for my book club. (I am really not enjoying it... it is about the history of Afghanistan and the lives of some women who lived through it. It is called A Thousand Splendid Suns. I would NOT recommend it. If I can finish it today I can start in on something I would enjoy. Perhaps I will re-read something that I have read before... Foucault's Pendulum or perhaps something light and humerous... Something by Carl Hiaasen perhaps. Something not so thoroughly depressing.

Wherever you are today, I hope you're enjoying a relaxing day at home.

Don Bergquist - January 04, 2009 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: