Monday, January 26, 2009

Who Says Computers Aren't Fun!?

I'd like to thank Microsoft for a truly entertaining weekend!

Saturday morning I was working on getting more of my photographs uploaded to my sharing site. This was clearly a waste of my time and Microsoft was probably trying to encourage me to go out into the cold and snowy day and do something more productive - so they probably intentionally made Visa such a piece of crap that it stopped working in the middle of my file transfer!

First I started getting errors on the machine that I could no longer transfer to my photo sharing site. Then it told me I could no longer access the internet at all. Having my work laptop still set-up (because I'd worked from home on Friday) I jumped onto it and verified that the internet connection was still working and that the website I was trying to reach was still working. Once this was done, I spent a good portion of the rest of Saturday morning examining the hardware under the guidance of my internet provider, I finally decided it must be the software.

The number of hits I got on the internet regarding Vista problems was staggering! I did finally find a large number that discussed my problem exactly. So. It was Vista. Who says Vista isn't good software. I've had hours of fun installing and reinstalling it. I have fun with it even when it isn't working! (Which given the proportion of time it is working to the time it isn't is a good thing!)

So, I am trying to get the system working again! Fun Fun Fun! I'm so glad Microsoft forced the computer manufacturers to stop allowing us to buy their working operating system in favor of Vista! Perhaps this new system they are working for will be better - Like the relationship between XP and ME...

Well, I suppose that it will be a while before I get the newest picture up to the web... Ah! Fun times - reinstalling Vista!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you are having a great day!

Don Bergquist - January 26, 2009 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: