Saturday, May 16, 2009

Rolling East

At "butt-ugly-early o'clock" this morning, Saga and I started rolling. A fine rain was falling and the streets were wet in Lakewood as we set-out. Pink Floyd was playing on the stereo (just a little traveling music to get me into the spirit of the road) and Saga and I were heading off into the morning.

The rain tapered off and stopped about the time we were passing Roggen the rain had tapered off and before we were in Fort Morgan, the roads were dry and clear and there was nothing left of the rain but the cloud-cover. Which was fortuitous as it meant I never had to into the sun.


Once I had turned north at At North Platte, Nebraska, the day had shaped up to be just lovely! The road was clear and mostly open, the entertainment on the iPod was good, and the trip passed without incident.

Well, almost. Somehow, even though I have no stored destinations in South Dakota, the GPS insisted that my parents lived somewhere near Aberdeen. I had to reenter the destination in South Dakota to get an accurate tracking. Not that I actually need the GPS to find my way here, but it is nice having something to alert me to alternate routes in case of road closures.

All-in-all, it was a lovely day on the road! Saga and I made it here in about 14 hours, 13:10:00 moving time and 55:00 stopped to get gas, snacks, and "necessities." It was not a bad trip! But now Saga and I are off to bed. I will leave the emptying of the car until tomorrow.

Wherever you are today, I hope you have had a wonderful day!

Don Bergquist - May 16, 2009 - Kensington, Minnesota

No comments: