Friday, May 15, 2009

Preparations

The spring travel season is upon us!

I am about to head out to the first road trip of the season. I have my iPod loaded with a collection of audiobooks and music for the road. I have the car all packed and the house all cleaned and neat. (I just hate coming home to a mess.)

So the car is packed and I am all ready to roll. Time to hit the sack and get some sleep before I get behind the wheel. Tomorrow I head for Minnesota.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you have a lovely day!

Don Bergquist - May 15, 2009 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

3 comments:

Hyperspider said...

Care to share which audio books?

Unknown said...

Greetings, Mike!

Thanks for reading my blog and taking the time to drop me a comment. I would be happy to share my listening habits with the world.

I hadn't because (basically) I didn't think anyone would care what I was listening to.

My driving playlists that I create are a melange of audiobooks, classic rock, comedy albums, radio plays, and whatever else strikes my fancy while I am compiling them. They tend to include a variety of topics and run between 12 and 15 hours (depending on the length of the longer pieces in the playlist.

That being said, the playlist I assembled for the drive to Minnesota, was as follows:

1 Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
2 Pictures Don't Lie (10/24/1956) from X-Minus One by Original Broadcast Recording
3 Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams
4 Hello Hooray from Greatest Hits by Alice Cooper
5 Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by Johgn Berendt
6 Darkside Live by Tim Minchin
7 The Caves of Steel (By Isaac Asimov) from Saturday Night Theatre by BBC Radio 4
8 Welcome To Hell from Old Harry's Game by BBC Radio 4
9 All The Time In The World from Arthur C. Clarke Celebration by BBC Radio 7
10 We Can Remember It For You Wholesale from Science Fiction Theatre by BBC Radio 7

Unknown said...

...oh, and various cuts from my favorites list to round out the playlist as interstitial music.

djb