Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Not a lot to report today.

I guess that the only thing of note today is that the sun is shining and it is a lovely day out.

The temperatures are in the fifties but the locals all think they are in the teens. Hmmm.
I’d rather be outsides boating on the Thames – but that is not what I was sent here for. The new picture is the view outside the office window for the office I have n my stay here.

I’ve decided that in this area, the riverfront reminds me a bit of the way in South Florida they can sell property as “on the waterfront.” They can do this by constructing the houses in a radiator-fin pattern rather like a comb of land on top of the water with one street on each tooth of the comb so that you have waterfront property on both sides of the street, It would be more appropriate, I guess to say that you have a canal as your property line on one side, but that would not sound as good now, would it? On my walks along the Thames it seems that there are hundreds of little inlets to the river with houses built along them.

Well, I guess I should get back from lunch now. Have a great day!

Don Bergquist – Thames Ditton, United Kingdom – 30 November, 2004

No comments: