Thursday, November 25, 2004

Culinary Excursions

If there is a Hell for people who break diets, I know where my eternity has been booked! I am fairly certain that the god Weight Watchers would frown down upon "The Full English Breakfast."

I have no idea what the fat, fiber and calories are in "The Full English Breakfast" but consisting of fried eggs, broiled tomato, baked beans, sautéed mushrooms, toast with clotted cream and marmalade, sausage and bacon, I'll bet that the news would not be good. Can't you just hear your arteries hardening?

"The Full English Breakfast" aside, I have had some wonderful dishes here. The Steak & Ale pie was wonderful. It is like a steak pot pie with a wonderful rich beer-based brown gravy and a flaky crust. Then there was (and I know how this will sound to people who haven't had it) "Mushy Peas." It truly is what the name implies... mushy peas! The taste and texture is similar to really thick Split-Pea Soup.

In my culinary pursuit, I will stop at nothing, dear friends, not even my diet, to tell you of the wonders I see and taste on my travels.

Oh, by the way, my waitress at the pub this afternoon asked me if I was aware what a wanker my president was. I informed her that so I had been told and thank you very much!

Until tomorrow, have a great day!

Don Bergquist – Thames Ditton, United Kingdom – 25 November, 2004

No comments: