Tuesday, November 23, 2004

British beer is not a sedative!

It was either the jet lag or it was the beer but I tossed and turned all night. By 06:00 I just got up. It was time for my walk anyway.

This morning I walked toward Kingston to see the goats, lambs and sheep in the greens owned as part of the Hampton Court estate. What a beautiful area! They keep saying that it will be getting cold here but I have not seen evidence of it. Today was overcast and cool but not really cold. I’d have to guess that it was in the 50’s.

I walk to work each morning, it is a mile and a half from my current hotel and affords me a great chance to take in the local scenery and think. I really dig the architecture here. People have tight little houses with postage-stamp sized door yards and park in a manner that transcends haphazard. It seems that they park where the car stops rolling. Not that the streets leave much space for orderly parking, some seem more like sidewalks than roads.

My crew and I spent all day talking about data models and how we need to define the objects in the data that we are discussing. My head started swimming around 14:00 and really was ready to leave by the time my 16:00 conference call started. Now that it has completed, it is time for me to move on. I’m about to pack my computer and take the long stroll home. I still cannot believe that I made it through with a whole day without having anyone inform me that the president is a wanker!

It gets dark early here so I suppose it will be a nice moonlit walk back through the neighborhood of Queens Lane, and Hampton Court road back to the hotel. Christmas decorations are sprouting everywhere here so shortly it should be a very festive walk.

Well, that is it for the evening. Have a great day!

Don Bergquist – Thames Ditton, United Kingdom – 23 November, 2004

No comments: