Sunday, June 30, 2013

You're Not Leaving Without Me AGAIN, Are You!?

There is no way to miss the accusatory looks! She gives me them whenever the suit cases come out and the packing frenzy begins.

I guess, though, that it is hard for me to fault her for thinking I am going somewhere without her; there have been so many times over the years that I have done just that. ¡Pobrecita! How many times has Daddy packed his bags and headed off to Europe, Australia, or Africa without her!?

She seems to always remember the slights, but does she remember the times that I took her with me? All the car trips to Minnesota, and to the beach? The years we lived in London? All the trips to the pub where my friends would slip her chips and bits of banger under the table "while Daddy wasn't watching?"

Of course, this is all personification to the extreme. I have no idea what she is actually thinking. What I do know is that she doesn't seem to like to be separated from me. It is not that she doesn't like the kennels I use - she acts the same wherever I have left her; with friends, with kennels, with relatives. She does not like being separated from me. To be fair, I don't like being separated from her either.

So, when the suitcases come out an she gives me that look how can I help but to feel a little guilty?

Wherever you are today, I hope that NOBODY you love makes YOU feel guilty!

Don Bergquist - June 30, 2013 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: