Saturday, June 02, 2012

Public Service


I have great respect for anyone who willingly takes on a role of public service. It is a thankless job that puts you under a great deal of stress and has very little pay-off.

This was brought to mind today as I was called on to deal with a problem in the condo complex I live in. Back in January I was elected president of the Home Owners’ Association board of directors for my community. So whenever we have anything pressing that needs to be done immediately, my phone rings.

Today it was because we had a tree blow over during a wind storm.

It appears that there is very little damage and it appears now that there is no injury, but I still have to deal with getting the tree off the building.

Who could ask for a more fun way to spend the weekend?

Wherever you are today, I hope that you’re enjoying your weekend.

 

Don Bergquist – June 02, 2012 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: