Thursday, March 24, 2011

Travelogue Toronto – Day 4: Home Again

We did not leave until nearly eight! We started boarding about 19:30 and the process went smoothly enough, but that did not assure a good departure. There were more people on the plane than there should have been.

After the flight attendants stepped through the cabin five times counting noses, the gate agent came out and counted twice herself. They then announced over the plane's PA that we would be required to show our ticket stubs. We all retrieved our tickets from our carry-on and waited.

About half-way through the plane the gate agent discovered the discrepancy (whatever it was) and we were off... well, sort of.

We then got to go to a remote corner of the field and wait to be de-iced. That took a while as there were a number of planes all waiting for the same procedure when we got there. But the process went fairly smoothly and we were wheels-up around 21:00. The flight was uneventful and miraculously, my luggage was waiting for me on the carousel, I made it to my car in a fairly good time, the traffic (being nearly midnight) was light, and I got home just after midnight.

It has been a long day, but on the whole, it was a good trip. But it is late (or rather it is early) and I have to get up soon, so I suppose I should get some sleep.

Wherever you are this morning, I hope that you have had a good day!

Don Bergquist – March 24, 2011 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: