Saturday, March 12, 2011

More Than Just The Time Changes

It is a sunny and clear morning in Denver, Colorado. The sun broke over the horizon this morning just after six, I was treated to a spectacular view of the dawn as I drove east to the airport. Dawn was practically all I could see, in fact, it was so clear, and bright. It was already fifty-five degrees under cloudless skies as I made my way to the airport.

I understand the high temps are supposed to reach nearly seventy! Unfortunately, I will not be here to see it - I am on my way to Minnesota. To attend a funeral. An uncle of mine passed away this week.

The temperature when I left Denver was nearly sixty already. The captain on my flight announced that the weather in Minnesota was mostly cloudy, and cold (high of fifteen) with occasional flurries. So, despite wheat it is like here, it is still winter in Minnesota! Remember to set your clocks forward to "winter" uh - I mean "daylight saving time" this evening!
Wherever you are today, I hope that your weather is clement and your day is a lovely one!

Don Bergquist - March 12, 2011 - St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

No comments: