Sunday, January 31, 2010

D'Oh!

Every once-in-while you have to re-learn a lesson… you touch a bench that it recently painted to see it the "WET PAINT" sign is accurate; you touch something hot just to see if it is still hot; you know, you do something you know is not too smart because you are just sure that this time it will work out alright.

Like this morning. I really wanted to get pictures of the Wolf Moon setting over the mountains. It is lovely when the full moon dips below the front range. But, you will have to take my word for it… for now.

The sensitivity on the CCD on my camera is nowhere near as sensitive as the optic receptors in the eye. So the difference between the early morning sky's light, pale blue is not great enough for my camera to pick-up on. If you try you might be able to convince yourself that you see the moon just above that bare tree in the lower right-hand part of the picture.

Perhaps a polarizing filter will make it stand out… I'll have to try that next full moon.

Wherever you are this weekend, I hope that your day is lovely!

Don Bergquist – January 31, 2009 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: