Monday, January 11, 2010

A Weekend Reset

Some times ya just gotta tune out for a while.

Saga and I spent the weekend in a pseudo-vegetative state. Sure, we went out to walk in her park, she even allowed me to dally down by the lake on our sunrise walk to watch the sun coming up for a short while.

But then it was time to get back to her favorite couch for a good, serious day of resting for her. For me, there were errands to run and some chores to do around then house, but then I joined Saga in sinking into the couch and winking out of existence.

Saturday night some friends came over; we shared some wine and some snacks and played some cards. It was a very pleasant evening.

Sunday it was more of the same, not too much to do. I worked a bit on my photo catalogues and did some cleaning up after the night before, but on the whole, I spent the day catching-up with some family and friends.

This morning is going to be manic at the office so I had best get this posted and get to the office. At least the weather and traffic reports sound like my commute will be easier than the last couple have!

Wherever you are, I hope that you have had a restful weekend!

Don Bergquist – January 11, 2010 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: