Monday, January 04, 2010

Yule Blog – The End Of The Season


I hope that you have had a lovely Christmas Season. (Or a season of the holiday tradition you personally prefer to observe – or prefer to ignore for that matter.) Okay, technically it isn’t over until epiphany (which is still a couple days away) but it just seems over.

For me it has been a lovely time filled with love, laughter, family and food. Too much food! There is always food around at my parent’s house… Candy, cookies, and other things I tend not to have around. Time to get working on ignoring those New Year’s resolutions to lose the weight I put on over the holidays!

And just think, in eleven months, we can do this all over again!

Wherever you are today, I hope your New Year is starting out well!

Don Bergquist – January 04, 2010 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

2 comments:

Sara Lynne said...

Et tu Don Don Don? It's not over yet! The machine has everyone thinking the 12 days of Christmas are the 12 before. Give the Kings a break. It makes me sad to see trees tossed to the curb on the 26th and just forget looking out on Jan 1. Today and tomorrow...not over yet ;)

xo,

Sis

Unknown said...

Sissa,

Did you stop reading at the title?

I clearly said that I knew that Twelfth Night is a play about the end of the Christmas Season and that it is about Epiphany; I even said as much in the first couple sentences.

Tomorrow is Twelfth Night! So, technically, you are correct… but then, so was I!

;-)

Don