Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Departure

This morning, before heading out to have breakfast with my friend, I did a bit of study on travel alternatives. I have no idea how it will play-out as I write this at the hotel before I leave for the airport, but I know one thing for sure: I will be home tonight!
Here’s the result of my research: Palm Springs is much easier to get to than to get out of. As if I hadn’t know that already. As I was saying to my friend last night at dinner: Palm Springs is like that song, Hotel California by The Eagles “You can check-out any time you want, but you can never leave.”

The problem is that there are so few flights out of Palm Springs, and the planes they fly are so small that they fill-up fast! My research this morning showed that if we have a problem leaving today, we have plenty of choices if we just drive a few hours west and fly home from Los Angeles.

This is twice we have been here and twice that we have been delayed… One of those times (yesterday) we were delayed by a whole day! My thinking is that if we come back again, we may just opt to fly to/from LAX. At least there are enough alternatives there that we can be certain of getting home.

But for right now, it is a nice morning and we will – one way or another – be home tonight.

Wherever you are today, I hope you have a plan for whatever comes your way.

Don Bergquist – March 31, 2015 – Palm Springs, California, USA

No comments: