Monday, April 20, 2009

Green And Gray


In the aftermath of the snowstorm last week, the lawns and gardens all over Lakewood have turned green. Well, green punctuated with gray, actually.

Scattered in the verges you see the snow boulders cast there by the plows racing by. This one is actually in my lawn, it was thrown there by our community's groundskeeper. It caught my eye because it reminds me of those stone arches you see in places like Moab.

This is one of the things I love about this area of the country. Yeah, we get snow storms... we get some real doozies! But the snow never really hangs around that long. A day or two later and you have pleasant temps and the snow starts to melt away. Some times, it melts in really cool ways.

Wherever you are today, I hope that you're having an excellent day!

Don Bergquist - April 20, 2009 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: