Saturday, April 30, 2005

Traveling (Again)

What a week it has been. My houseguests left on Tuesday. We had a really nice visit. I burned-out the clutch in my two-year-old car. I cannot believe that Honda says that this is acceptable and that the clutch “just plain wore out…” What a rip-off. I am getting less happy with my hybrid. But that is off the subject.

I am sitting in a comfy leather seat having finished the book I was reading. Dinner was pasta with a sherry-cream-mushroom sauce and scallops. I hate the fact that I was bumped to first class and have to eat all this sumptuous food, sit in this comfy chair, and be fawned over by the flight crew. All this comfort really takes it out of you!

I was standing at the desk in Denver a few hours ago when the ticket agent informed me that my flight to Cincinnati was delayed due to heavy weather in Atlanta. (Dave Barry was right when he observed that it used to take weeks to cross the country and now, due to weather in Atlanta, you can’t get anywhere at all!) Anyway, the delay meant that when I landed in Cincinnati I would have fifteen minutes to make my flight to London.

Her solution to the problem? Well, of course it was to fly me to Atlanta to get a flight out of there instead. Makes sense, right? I asked if the plane was very full, and she said that it was. That was why she had to put me in First Class. It was the only seat open. Sucks to be me!

I do not think I would have gotten the upgrade if Kathi had not brought me to the airport and stood in line with me. Things like that do not often happen to me. Well, the movie is about to start and then I am going to try and get some sleep so I had best sign-off for now.

I hope you are having a lovely day wherever you are!

Don Bergquist – 30-April-2005 – Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean

No comments: