Friday, April 22, 2005

Arrival

There is nothing I enjoy more than entertaining. Any of you who know me well will know this, of course. I may spend way too much time worrying-out the details of the visit, preparing for company (or the party, or whatever), and wondering if I have done everything I could to get ready for my guests, but it is always fun when they arrive and I get to enjoy the company of friends, family, etc.

This weekend my newly reorganized guest room gets it official first guests.

My friends from the United Kingdom, Brian and Jennifer have come to visit as they are traveling across the country. After regaling me with stories of their travel adventures (and misadventures – snow, sleet, rain, hail, and fog – Ah! Springtime in the Rockies!) of the past few days, we all turned-in to ready ourselves for a full weekend.

Jennifer & Brian at Lair 'O The Bear

They will be with me for a few days and are enjoying the cooks tour of Colorado. Today I took them around the lariat loop drive (I definitely suggest it to anyone who is visiting my area of the world! It is a lovely drive that really shows off why I love to live here!) with stops at the Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Lair ‘o The Bear Park, and Buffalo Bill’s Grave Site. Tomorrow I will be holding my annual Spring party and expect about twenty people. Sunday we are off to the summit of Pike’s Peak by way of the cog railway.

It is sure to be a lovely trip!

I hope you are having a lovely day wherever you are!

Don Bergquist – 22-April-2005 – Lakewood, Colorado

No comments: