Thursday, October 25, 2007

Still Packing!

Somehow, once I had sent off the stuff that I had packed in boxes, my cases are heavier than they had been before I sent off the extra stuff…

When I was a kid, I remember having a bad fever and having a dream where I was kneading dough. The more I punched down the dough, the more it expanded. It seemed that I could not get the dough small enough to fit back into the bowl that I had taken it out of. I am getting the same sensation while packing! What I really need is the TARDIS to come and give me a lift back to Denver.

Preparations for South Africa continue unabated. I am getting excited! I've bought the guidebooks for the areas we are going and there are so many great things to do there! Will there be time to drink? Well, it’s a vacation; I suppose we'll have to make time to drink!

But before that, I have to finish packing. I've decided on a new strategy for this afternoon. I am going to pull everything out and spread it into piles on the bed. Then once I have everything sorted, I'll try packing it another way.

Wherever you are today, I hope you are having a great day!

Don Bergquist – 25 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: