Monday, October 08, 2007

Another Monday

The weekend was a restful one. Not one with a lot of sleep, but restful. I didn’t get a lot of sleep because Saga kept coming up to the bed and jumping on it. I'm think she decided that if she couldn't sleep because of the pain she must be feeling (despite the medications she is still on) that I wouldn't sleep either.

Thursday night and Friday night were the worst. Saturday, she decided to just wake me up at 03:00… This morning, I awoke without having had my sleep interrupted. I think she is feeling better.

She is eating well. This morning I made here what is essentially a hot-dish. (Minnesota cuisine for Saga's Breakfast.) The vet has recommended that I feed her bland table food for a few days so I have been cooking for her all weekend. And when he said bland, Minnesota food naturally sprang to mind.

I haven't seen a single can of Campbell's soup over here so I had to make the gravy for the hot dish without the aid of Cream of Mushroom soup. Today's recipe was to mix some rice with some chicken stock and some cubed chicken and vegetables and cook it until the rice was done. She gobbled it down. Good thing too since her pain pill was buried in it!

One good thing about her eating this way is that I can (with impunity) feed her leftovers. The bad thing about it is that I have stodgy food cooking every meal when I am trying to eat more healthily. Oh well…

Wherever you are today, I hope your week starts out well!

Don Bergquist – 08 October 2007 – Thames Ditton, Surrey, UK

No comments: