Friday, September 20, 2013

Morning News

The first story I heard this morning was about the shooting in the Chicago park. My heart goes out to the victims and families. That was my first reaction. I have to ask though, that my second thought was of a story I saw this week where an NRA spokesperson blamed the DC Naval Yard shootings not on guns but on the fact that the shooter had a security pass to get onto the navy yard.

What I wonder now is what the NRA will blame THIS shooting on. Will we be hearing the NRA postulate that there are just too many *PARKS* in Chicago!? When will the rabid right who are so willing to trample on the rest of the constitution but who hold the second amendment as sacred understand this one simple fact?

Yes, there may be OTHER factors, but Guns are the one common element in all shootings! Guns are at VERY LEAST a part of the problem. When will our lawmakers get the cohones to stand-up to the bullies over at the NRA and do something - ANYTHING - to limit the insane number of guns per capita on our streets?

Sorry to get political this early in the morning, but that story got me started.

Wherever you are this morning, I hope that you'll stay safe! 

Don Bergquist - September 20, 2013 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: