Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pandering To The Lowest Common Denominator

There is an old adage which suggests that you should never try to teach a pig to sing; it accomplishes nothing and it annoys the pig. It is in this vein that I have given-up even trying to explain to people who keep quitting the party-line bull____ at me that they should try reading something more than a bumper sticker. There is nothing to gain from it.

...and it annoys the pig!

For now, I am going to leave it to the parties to pander to the lowest common denominator - those idiots who will swollow the party line without noticing the hook at the end of it. I wish we had a slightly less disfynctional system! Oh well, all I can do is hope that people will wise up and see the error of taking the word of the parties for granted. 

And I also wish that fifty-dollar bills would shoot out my butt... I am not quite sure which is less likely!

Wherever you are today, I hope you have enough common sense to take nothing at face value.

Don Bergquist - October 20, 2012 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA 

No comments: