Saturday, February 04, 2012

What A Difference A Day Makes!

The plows have pushed the snow off the parking lot onto the yard near my home. The berms they created are tall enough to be lifting the branches over the end of the parking area. Meanwhile, on my deck and patio, the snow is piled-up about twenty-one inches deep.

By yesterday morning, we had a lot of snow. But that is nothing to what is out there this morning!

The lead on every newscast locally has been the snow. Apparently, this is the largest February snowstorm in over 100 years for Denver. I can believe it. I do not remember looking out my window at all yesterday and not seeing the snow coming down.

Luckily, I have plenty of spec writing to do and there was no need for me to get into town. My commute yesterday was from the bedroom to the kitchen to make coffee, and then back up to the office.

There was a bit of a traffic jam on the landing of the stairs as Saga insisted on stopping to stare out the window at all the white out the window – and what a pile-up there was on the deck! But that’s okay! I used my GPS (Great Pet, Saga) to negotiate a route back into the house out of the snow and then cloistered myself for a day of writing.

What a difference snowing all day makes! The snow continued to pile-up, burying my 12” and 16” rulers and dumping a total (to-date) of 21.5” of snow onto my deck.

Today I have nothing on my schedule but my weigh-in. But as everyone I running late schedules, I will probably put that off until about ten. Other than that, it is a day for laundry and cleaning. I am going out as little as possible today. After the things I have to do, I think I will curl-up on the couch with a book and a cuppa. It seems like that kind of day!

Wherever you are today I hope you are warm and cozy and have a good book to read!

Don Bergquist – February 04, 2012 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA




No comments: