Monday, March 01, 2010

What A Good Girl!

I had no idea that Saga was so well behaved. And those of you who know her might be surprised at this too. But apparently, Saga is the model of self-restraint!

There are very few things that are absolutely verboten for her.
1) Begging from people who are at table eating
2) Barking at people who come to the door
3) Taking things off the table

She is pretty good at following the rules as long as I am watching. This weekend, however, I found out that she is pretty good at following the rules even when Daddy isn't watching! Here's how it happened…

It was a pretty busy weekend for me. I had some writing assignments to complete, I had some home projects that I wanted to do, and I really didn't have the time to have Saga checking-up on what I was doing every five minutes. So I prepared her favorite toy (a red-plastic ball that you fill with treats - in her case, a bunch of cut-up carrot) for her. The doorbell rang before I could give it to her and I set it down on the coffee table.

There it sat, forgotten – to me at least – until this morning. Oops! I imagine her sitting on the couch with the ball of treats sitting there in her clear view; only a foot from her nose as she walked by the table. And she let it sit there for more than a day untouched.

What a good girl! I had to give it to her today and shower her with praise!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you are pleasantly surprised by those around you!

Don Bergquist – March 01, 2010 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: