Monday, July 27, 2009

On A Lovely Morning Like This

Okay, I have to admit, I have no idea whether it is a lovely morning or not at this point. Looking out the window all I can see is dark in the sky and the lights of the buildings around me cast their compact florescent circles on the grounds. A cool breeze is being sucked in and through the house by the attic fan, Saga is snoozing curled-up on the futon in my office and the only sounds to be heard are the automated sprinklers cutting in and out around the community.

I'm sitting in the semi-dark of my office lit by the computer monitors and the gosh-awful-early o'clock network newscast on the television. I'm enjoying my first cup of coffee, having a bowl of homemade muesli with fresh berries, and catching-up on the correspondence and bookkeeping tasks which are my wont every Monday morning and generally feeling good about being here and now.

Little things.

I've gotten an email from a friend with whom I have not corresponded in too long! One of my siblings has sent me a question; a cousin has forwarded me a pretty cool picture; a reader has commented on my blog. There is nothing urgent or pressing.

I answer the mail, post a response and write this blog entry. It may not be exciting, or particularly interesting for that matter, but I am in a chill mood. All is right in the world for me; the universe is unfolding as it should. The world clocks on my monitor tell me that it will soon be lunchtime in London; my colleagues in Australia may be finishing-up a late supper.

Checking my work email can wait. I think I will slip over to the futon and pet the dog. Getting ready for work can wait a few minutes. Right now, regardless of what it may look like outside, it is a lovely morning.

Wherever you are today, I hope your morning is lovely as well!

Don Bergquist – July 27, 2009 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: