Sunday, June 12, 2005

It's a Grey Day in Colorado

It is a grey and rainy day here in Colorado and it is supposed to be raining on-and-off all day.


Clouds over my deck keep Saga inside.

I am getting a lot of things done inside, but there is no chance that I will get outside and do anything fun this weekend.

Yesterday it was lovely in the morning so Saga and I went for a walk in the park. Saga still is trying to figure-out how to herd prairie dogs. She chases after them when I let her off the leash, but then they do something unfair and dash down their holes. When she was herding sheep she never had this problem!

It is a good thing that I made hay while the sun shone yesterday. A front is passing over and the rain is falling. I got about an inch of rain yesterday and there is already a half-an-inch in the gauge this morning.

Not that I am complaining, mind you! I know we need the moisture. But could we not have it rain on the weekdays and be nice on the weekend? I am really miffed about this - no matter how much we need this to end the drought!

Oh well, I hope it is lovely wherever you are today!

Don Bergquist - 12-June-2005 - Lakewood, Colorado

No comments: