Friday, November 21, 2008

Lost In A Fog

What a lovely morning to have chosen to take off. I love it when the weather is changing!

This morning as Saga and I took our early morning outing there was no way to see the other side of the street, let alone the park. The aftermath of our cold front (that dropped frozen mist and sleet on us during the rush hour yesterday morning) is a fog bank that has blanketed the front range this morning. It was in the high teens as we made for the park at five. Needless to say, Saga didn't want to spend a lot of time outside, the fog was that penetrating, thick fog that clings to everything and makes you feel the damp and the cold.

Later, when the sun was up and it was a bit warmer (in the low twenties) Saga and I went for a walk again. The fog was beginning to burn off. You could at least see the trees across the park now. The the grass all had a thick coating of frost. It reminded me of an early-winter day in London. I was transported to all those nights crossing the village on foot or on my bike after an evening at the pub.

I had to shake my head to get rid of the image of the churchyard. It was interesting; four years ago today I set foot in England for the first time. I think of London often but to realize as I was walking through a very London-Like fog on the anniversary of my first visit and see the striking similarity... Odd.

But the morning wears on. I have a number of things I want to accomplish today and can't start them until I post this and get moving so I will say good morning to you and wish you a good day.

Wherever you are, I hope your day is clear and fine!

Don Bergquist - November 21, 2008 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: