Wednesday, November 18, 2015

MINOs vs.ChINOs – There’s Such Balance In Nature!

Oh, my god! I finally get it! You got me! Ha Ha! I know, I’m a little slow to catch-onto the joke, sorry. All of this vitriol and bluster from the religious right that is aimed at Muslims in General is the world’s largest installment of performance art! I TOTALLY get it now! Ha!

How could I have missed it for so long!? The Right insists on calling terrorists "Islamic Terrorist" (as if the religion they have corrupted to justify their insane beliefs makes a difference). In response, the Islamic community has tried pointing out that these idiots are "Muslims In Name Only." This MINOs label is meant to point-out that NOTHING that the terrorists claim to have read in the Qur’an is actually in there. They claim to be Muslim, but nothing they do is supported by the holy writ the claim to be defending.

In response, as a piece of street theater, the Religious Right has decided to stage a Théâtre de l'Absurde production that they have concocted to make fun of the MINOs by showing us what it would be like if you claim to be a Christian, but then you do everything you can to ignore the teachings of your holy writ.

Ha! Ha! I am such a dummy! This production of "Christians In Name Only" is so obviously absurd, how could I have missed it!? I mean really! Nobody could act so hatefully small-minded, selfish, and intolerant who seriously espouses a doctrine of loving your enemies (Luke 6:27), taking in strangers in need (Matthew 25:40), caring for people who need help (Luke 10:25-37), and sharing what you have with those in need (1 Timothy 6:18). Ha ha! I so TOTALLY Get it now! 

Seriously! I get it. You ChINOs can stop any time! By ignoring all your supposed beliefs you differ from the terrorists only in that – as far as I know – you have yet to hurt anyone. So please, either follow the religion you claim to hold so dear or denounce it. You cannot have it both ways! 

Wherever you are today, I hope that no matter your professed beliefs you follow them!


Don Bergquist – November 18, 2015 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

#StopTheChINOs

No comments: