Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Short On Details


I have to admit, I could not really stand watching the RNC Convention for more than a few minutes at a time, but I did read a number of reports on it this morning, and from what I saw and what I have read, there seems to be a theme developing: "President bad – Romney good."

Mrs. Romney's speech was okay, but my problem is that I don’t vote for the person I like, I vote for the person who I think will do better for the country. So, okay, Mr. Romney is a family man who is loved by his family. The same, I am sure, is true of the president. I was left with the uncontrollable urge to scream at the television set "SO WHAT!"

I was hoping to hear details on why I should vote for him. I was hoping to hear some details on why the attack ads I keep hearing are wrong. I was left hoping at the end of the night. I didn't want to hear that you disagree with the incumbent – I KNOW that! Tell me something I don't know!

DETAILS, folks! We know you think that the president has done a bad job! Tell me something I don't know. So far all I have to go on is the rhetoric – which does not look good, because based on what I am hearing, I do not make enough for you to want to help me!

I'll keep watching tonight – I hope to hear more than talking points!

Wherever you are today I hope that you take an interest in the issues of the day!

Don Bergquist – August 29, 2012 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: