Sunday, June 26, 2011

What A Lovely Weekend!

It is a lovely weekend in Colorado!
 According to the “official” reports, the temperatures hit 92° yesterday, but that is way out at the airport, on the plains to the east of town. Around here, it was substantially warmer. My weather station reported a high of 96° (that’s 35.5 Celsius). It was so warm that Saga didn’t want to spend any more time outside than was absolutely necessary.  Well, any more time “active” outside than necessary!

She still loves lying out in the sun on the deck, but that is about all the activity she wants to get into! I do have to leave the patio door open a foot-or-so to allow her to get in and out, but it was worth it. It saved me the bother of running back and forth to the door every few minutes.

As for me, I am employing my three favorite strategies for avoiding the heat:

      1)      I ran all my errands before the heat of the day. When I went out to do my weekly shop I left the whole house fan running so that I could capitalize on the fifty-degree morning.
      2)      I made a trip to the mountains to go hiking yesterday afternoon.
      3)      I am hiding in the darkened, air conditioned house. (I may pop out to the pool a little later on, but one the whole, I do believe it is time for catching-up on movies and TV shows!)

The weekend is lovely and hot, but the week is due to be even hotter! The prediction is for an official high of 95° on Tuesday! Back to work tomorrow - but that is not necessarily a good thing, the office is in a rather old building in downtown. Although it is air-conditioned, it is not necessarily cool. It tends to get  a bit warm toward the heat of the afternoon!

But it is, at least, not as bad as working out in the afternoon heat! 

Wherever you are, I hope that your weekend is going well!

Don Bergquist - June 26, 2011 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: