Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's A Radiant Day For The Rapture

The sun rising over a lovely little lake, light mist settling over the grassy areas, the sounds of the morning, the smell of frying bacon and coffee. What could possibly go wrong on a lovely morning like this? Oh, yeah! The end of the world, that's right!

Standing on the bridge over Bear Creek, watching the ducks bathing in the shallows, walking with Saga in her park, the sound of a flock of Canada Geese going over, it is an idyllic day. Are these really the harbingers of Armageddon? If so, God has certainly chosen a nice day for it!

Wherever you are today, I hope you'll revel in The Rapture… perhaps that word shouldn't have been capitalized on all those billboards. Then at least it would be accurate. It is a rapturous morning. The rains of the past few weeks have left the whole park so green and lush! The trees are all leafing out, the wildlife is active. It is such a nice morning. Too bad it's all over, eh?

Wherever you are today I wish you a lovely last day on earth – or just a lovely day period!

Don Bergquist – May 21, 2011 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

PS: Thanks for reading my blog. If you're not caught-up in the rapture today, I hope you'll continue to look into don sees the world from time to time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that animals are not going to be taken up to heaven when the rapture comes. If you could to send me a check I'd be glad to feed Saga for you when you eventually get taken up to heaven in the rapture. (I'm glad the rapture did not happen on 5/21/11. It would not have been appropriate for the rapture to happen on such a nice day).

Anonymous Reader

Unknown said...

Dear Anonymous Reader:

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog. And thank you for your kind offer to accept money to care for my dear little Saga! But thank you mostly for the misguided belief that I would be caught-up in the rapture.

But as kind as your offer was, I had made a tongue-in-cheek plan with some friends that we would all meet-up for breakfast on Sunday. That way, if anyone didn't show up, we could tell that they had been caught-up in the rapture. (…though the real reason was that it had been a while.)

We each drafted and passed a "Last Will and Testament" before the breakfast, we read them at breakfast. It was fun. I had bequeathed Saga to a friend who has jokingly attempted to kidnap her for years.

So, you see, Saga is well cared for, even if I should suddenly disappear.

Thanks again for reading, commenting, and offering your dog sitting services!

Don