Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another Lovely Weekend

Knowing what a manic week this week is going to be, I decided this weekend to drop into complete slug mode. I did practically nothing this weekend. Saga and I did go for a walk in her park, and I did get a bike ride in, but other than that? ¡Nada!

And for doing not that much, it took up a disproportionately large amount of thought and effort! I was, for example, going to run down to the supermarket a couple times. But each time I stopped myself with the admonition that I didn’t want to have to come home to a fridge full of food that had gone off. (I have made this mistake a number of time. You’d think I’d learn, wouldn’t you?)

I did think about doing laundry, but somehow, between petting the dog, hanging-out with her in the park, riding my bike, and doing the whole slug-mode thing, I just never seemed to get around to it. I did a couple quick loads (enough to get me through the week) and will do the rest of it tonight or tomorrow when I get home from work.

Ah! There will be so much to do before I leave for Minnesota. But that is something to work on later in the week. Right now it so lovely and I am still in slug mode.

Wherever you are this weekend, I hope that you’ve had a good one!

Don Bergquist – September 28, 2009 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: