Monday, August 03, 2009

A Quiet Weekend

Well, the summer has finally started! The temps were up in the nineties, the sun shone, the breezes blew, there was not a sign of hail, cold winds, or the frigid downpours of last week. In short, it was a lovely weekend.

Saga and I hung-out in her park. She sniffed, and scratched at whatever she could find; I read. Saturday afternoon, I went to the pool party for my homeowner's association. It was cool getting to see my neighbors again. It has been a while.

Sunday, with another hot day in store, I made the morning dash to get all my housework done and then packed the car with some treats for Saga, water for both of us and the iPod stocked with music and we headed into the hills for the day.

What a lovely day! We walked along the trails up in the foothills and had a picnic. But all good things come to an end! This morning is cold and dark. I know that it will be a hot one today, but right now it is in the high fifties, I am sitting bundled at the computer and about to head out with Saga for our morning exploration.

Wherever you are today, I hope you have had a lovely weekend and will have a great week ahead of you!

Don Bergquist – August 03, 2009 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: