Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Does This Sound Familiar?

Hey! I’ve come up with a connection...

In honor of the 40th anniversary of Woodstock, I want to share with you a realization I have just had! The following quote from John Sebastian was offered as a dedication for a song he was playing. To be fair, when he was giving this dedication, he was reportedly high on acid. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?
“I’d like to sing you a song, actually, I’d like to dedicate it to . . . there’s a cat, and I really don’t know his name, but I remember that Chip said that uh, that uh, his old lady’s just had a baby. And that made me think, Wow! It really is a city here! But this is for you and your old lady, man. And uh. Whew! That kid’s gonna be far-out!”
To me this sounds list like just the random arrangement of thoughts that are characteristic of a certain ex-governor (who although she is no quitter, recently resigned her post as governor) of Alaska. Perhaps that is the problem, she’s not unprepared or an idiot, she’s tripping!

Wherever you are today, I hope you’ll remember:
"To get back to the warning that I received. You may take it with however many grains of salt that you wish. That the brown acid that is circulating around us isn't too good. It is suggested that you stay away from that. Of course it's your own trip. So be my guest, but please be advised that there is a warning on that one, ok?"
Don Bergquist – August 18, 2009 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: