Monday, June 08, 2009

Cold Mornings

Ah! It's springtime in the Rockies!

The mornings are crisp and cold; the days are warm; the weather is unpredictable. We've had hail, rain, tornadoes, and all manner of things to contend with this week. But inclement weather aside, this still is my favorite time of year. Well, except for the allergies!

The mornings are shrouded in a mist of settling fog, the mountains gleam to the west. It reminds me of the few times when I was growing up that my family went camping in the Great Smoky Mountains. I don't remember being able to see my breath those long ago summer mornings as I could this morning as Saga and I went for our daily walk in her park, but then I was young then!

The evening has, once the light shower went through earlier, become cold and mostly clear. Tomorrow is going to be another cold one! Good!

Wherever you are today, I hope that your weather is to your liking!

Don Bergquist - June 08, 2009 - Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: