Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Birthday, A Recap

Ahhh!


What more can I say‽ Ahhhh!

Thank you to all of my friends and relatives who called, wrote, sent cards, and poked me on Facebook. Yes, thanks! I had a lovely birthday!

So, what was the plan finally?

Well, I spend the day in blissful decadence!

I took the day off work and went to the Indian Springs Resort & Spa, up in Idaho Springs. Oh, my god! How relaxing. When you spend your day getting a massage, taking a mud bath, lolling in the hot mineral baths in a steamy cave, and swimming laps in the mineral water pool, it is not likely you will have a scintilla of stress left when you’re done.

That is unless you choose to do it on a holiday and have to deal with the I-70 traffic trying to make its way down out of the mountains and back into Denver afterward.
 But after the day I'd had even the traffic could not blunt the good mood I was in!

I came home and sat at my computer taking a look at the pictures I took… not many because I wouldn’t take pictures inside and compromise anyone’s privacy, so just pictures of the outside. It was a lovely day and I will long remember my 29th Birthday. (That is it was my 29th Birthday in Base 19.) It was one relaxing day!

Today I have taken off to recuperate from the fun and relaxation of yesterday… well, let’s face it. I am not as young as I once was. But then, who is?

Wherever you are today, I hope your day has been as pleasant!

Don Bergquist - February 17, 2009 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: