Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Whomp!

I cannot believe that I didn’t hear it come down… with the amount of snow we got over night, I should have heard the thudding “whomp” as it hit the ground. Saga and I walked last night as flurries were starting. It was a bit cold, but it was still clear on the roads and the ground.

- WHOMP! -

Then this morning there is about eight inches of accumulation on my deck. The walks, drive, and road were icy and treacherous, and (poor thing) Saga wanted to run back in the moment that we got outside.

No, that’s not exactly true. Because the snow was dry and flaky (instead of wet an lumpy) I got out the broom and swept a path from the door to the fence line. (Our community grounds people would not be coming until the snow ended and if I walked in the snow on my deck I would leave compacted icy footprints.) So Saga wanted to turn around the moment she hit the snow which was a few yards from the front door.

They are predicting the snow to continue until noon-ish so I am staying put and writing from home. Not for me to get out there and deal with the craziness of rush hour when the roads are this sloppy. The news is talking about accidents all over the map. Nope! Time to stay home and work today!

Wherever you are today, I hope that you are safe, warm, and dry!

Don Bergquist – December 09, 2008 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

No comments: