Monday, April 19, 2010

Reprieve

Saga is a smart little one. She probably knows that she dodged a bullet this weekend. I know that I had mentioned the B word in her presence. Perhaps she didn't put it together and realize that she was going to get a B-A-T-H, perhaps she had. She hates it when I get her wet. (She especially hates it when I say "Let's go out" only to discover that I've made it rain so that she gets wet.)

All I can say is with it being chilly and damp on Saturday and Sunday morning I decided to give her a brief reprieve and push the bathing activities to a later date.

With her double layered coat, she takes forever to dry and I didn't want to have her lounging about the house damp. I prefer to let her lounge out on the deck to dry. Oh well. Perhaps this weekend…

Wherever you are were weekend, I hope that you had a good one filled only with the things you enjoy/ .

Don Bergquist – April 19, 2010 – Lakewood, Colorado, USA

2 comments:

Hyperspider said...

I remember when we gave Valentino his first bath. He look very confused, like why are you doing this to me.
http://www.valentinoschatz.com/2009/04/03/my-first-bath-at-the-homestead/

However, even thou Bernese are NOT none for swimming, Valentino will swim ever once in a while.

Good luck Saga.

Unknown said...

Mike,

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog!

That fourth picture looks very accusing... the one with the sponge just looks pitiful! Poor Baby!

Nice pix, Mike. Then you understand the recriminations that come from a dog who doesn't want to be bathed.

Poor baby! The weight of the world is on her shoulders when there is shampoo involved!

Don