Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tech


On my first trip to Australia, a friend of mine recommended a piece of tech kit that I had to have the moment I saw it! I had a tablet, but this tablet was like none I had ever seen…

The Asus Transformer has an available docking station that has an extra battery, a couple extra ports (HDMI, USB, and SD) and best of all, a full-sized keyboard. So it makes the fully operational Android tablet into a really cool notebook with a touch-screen display!

I have been able to travel with it and the super-long battery life means I can watch videos, read books, and play games all the way to Australia; how cool is that! But after seven months, the keyboard started getting wonky. Some of the keys stopped responding so I had to replace the keyboard yesterday. That seems to have resolved it.

That is the big news from here this weekend: a trip to Best Buy to replace my keyboard. How exciting is that! But hey, at least it is the right kind of excitement, not the running to the hospital, calling the police, or watching the firemen work kind of excitement – that is definitely the WRONG KIND of excitement!

Wherever you are today I hope that any excitement you experience is the good kind!

Don Bergquist – July 29 2012 – Kensington, Minnesota, USA

No comments: