Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Is It Always This Hot!?

You'd think, from her behavior, that Saga had not been born and raised in Memphis, had never seen the south, and didn't even know what heat and humidity were. You'd think that if you observed her on our walk last night.

We pulled into St. Petersburg and my friend's place around seven, unloaded from the car what we would need for this stay, and then went for a walk to stretch our legs. Saga got ten feed from the door to Fritz' place, decided (apparently) that it was too hot, then went and rushed back to the house, nearly de-arming me in the process. I take her point, it is a lot hotter (and more humid) here than in Denver, but that is the fun of travel!

To go places you've never been, see things you've never seen, and pee on things you've hither-to-fore never peed upon before! At least, that is what I love about travel! How Saga sees it, I imagine, is much the same!

Today I am running around and getting a few things done that I wanted to do while in Central Florida, and tomorrow James graduates from High School. Right now it is lovely out, but this afternoon (no surprise here) they are predicting rain.

Wherever you are, I hope you're having a lovely day!

Don Bergquist - June 08, 2010 - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA

No comments: